My 12 year old son and I had fun coming up with these tasty treats! My oldest daughter’s favorite candy is kit kats so we thought it would be fun to make a THM version for her while she was at dance. After family night, we served these and they were a big hit with everyone! Some of my kids said they liked them even better than regular kit kats (they could just be trying to get on my good side, but that’s ok 😉 They are a perfect Halloween candy substitute or to make any time of the year!
Black and White PB Kit Kats (THM S)
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/2 c. natural peanut butter
- 2/3 c. peanut flour
- 1/2 c. gentle sweet or sweetener equivalent
- 3/4 c. milk or dark chocolate chips bake believe or Lily's
- 1/4 c. white chocolate chips optional
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 17 light rye wasa crackers
- Layer 6 1/2 wasa crackers in a single layer at the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan
- Make the peanut butter layer by melting the butter and PB together
- Stir in the sweetener & peanut flour
- Crush 4 wasa cracker finely and add to the peanut butter mixture
- Using a spatula, spread this peanut butter layer evenly on top of the wasa crackers
- Microwave the chocolate and white chocolate separately in microwave safe bowls- add 1 tsp of avocado oil to each bowl and microwave in 1 minute increments at 50 % power stirring in between until there are no lumps in the chocolate and it's easy to pour
- Put 6 1/2 more wasa crackers on top of the peanut butter mixture
- Use a spatula and spread the chocolate on top evenly
- Use a fork and drizzle the white chocolate on top
- Freeze for 15 minutes at least
- Cut into 20 serving sizes and enjoy!
Would these freeze well?
Yes Kari! I love to keep mine in the freezer 😉
You mention the white chocolate chips. Does bake believe make these?
Or just regular white chips?
I love the dark kit kats and this recipe looks amazing!
Hi Char 🙂 Yes Bake Believe makes the white chocolate chips 🙂
Hi Molly! May coconut oil or another oil be used instead of avocado oil?
How long do you soak the WASA crackers?
Can something be subbed for avocado oil?
Can I sub avocado oil with butter?
Can we store these in the counter?
They should at least be refrigerated, although I prefer them frozen 😉
Can you use peanut butter powder in place of peanut flour?
So FREAKING good! I love how it tastes like a kit-kat bar! Thank-you! (I tried to leave five stars but it wouldn’t let me!)
So good to hear Sharon! Thank you for the generous review 🙂 They are one of my new favorite candies 😉
I love these! I ate two far a snack. Not sure if I should have but they are delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Can you substitute coconut oil instead of Avocado?
Could I use MCT oil rather than avocado oil (I don’t have)?
These are DELICIOUS ?
So you would eat these as a snack or dessert? How many can you have? I know it says S so could you eat them after an S meal or any meal? How big should the pieces be?
Could this be made dairy free by substituting coconut oil for the butter?
Can I use coconut oil instead of avocado? I don’t usually have it around. I will be melting 85% chocolate. Thanks cant wait to try them
May I use coconut oil instead? I don’t keep avocado oil
I will be melting 85% chocolate
Thanks. Can’t wait to try them
I froze mine and the top layer separated completely off of the pb layer. It won’t stick back on. Any ideas?
Is the avocado oil necessary? Could I swap for Coconut oil or butter?
These are so yummy! Is there a trick to cutting them so they don’t break into pieces?
I’m allergic to avocados, what oil can I use in place of that? TIA
If you don’t have avocado oil, would you recommend an alternative?
These are straight ridiculous. You win this year’s THM trophy.
Can we use a different wasa cracker besides light rye? I am not seeing that flavor locally…
What could you use as a substitute for peanut butter?
Can you substitute anything for the avocado oil? Thanks
When will you do Twix????
Can I use a different kind of oil rather than avocado oil? I have an avocado allergy.
Is the peanut flour just the peanut powder? Thanks!!
These are AMAZING! I’m hooked!
Thank you :))
Where do you find rye wasa? I can’t seem to find them. Any substitute?
Is there a way to adjust them without the peanut butter/ flour. My hubby likes kit kats but hates anything with peanuts
Maybe a silly question. Neither of us are fans of white chocolate. Could you use all milk or dark chocolate or would you just use the 3/4 cup and skip the white?
My store does not carry rye crackers. Would the whole grain Wasa work? Wondering if anyone has tried with whole grain
Has anyone found a way to do this gluten free and on plan? They are delicious but I have joint pain with gluten and trying to stay away from it.
I made these last night and they are wonderful! I am looking forward to them over the next coming weeks with holiday events.