The kids are back in school & even though it’s still 100 degrees here, going back to school always gets me in the mood for fall. I love the smells of apple & pumpkin & everything Thanksgiving, the crisp fall air, & the excitement of a new school year (hoping & praying it’s a positive experience this year!!). I’ve been wanting to make air-fried apples for a while when one of my clients mentioned how yummy they would be. This back to school week put me in the mood.
When the kids walked in the door from school, they immediately said “Ooh it smells like cinnamon & apples, yum!” It was a perfect after school snack for them, even on this hot day. The combination of the sweet, a bit of salt, & tart is sure to tantalize your tastebuds. It tastes like the yummy part of an apple pie. And the best part is it’s quick & easy!
Easy Air-Fried Apples (THM E, sugar free)
- 2 apples you can use any kind 🙂
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 2 t. brown sugar substitute or sweetner of choice I love the Sukrin gold brown sugar substitute
- 1 pinch mineral salt
- Wash & cut the apples into wedges. I like to use my apple slicer & then slice each wedge in half again
- In a small bowl put in the apples, cinnamon, salt & sweetener
- Mix with a spoon until each apple slice is evenly coated with the mixture
- Spray the bottom of your air fryer with non-stick coconut or olive oil spray
- Arrange the apples on the air fryer tray in a single layer (depending on how large your air fryer is, you may need to do 2 batches)
- Set your Air Fryer to 360 degrees for 12 minutes
- Once the Air Fryer dings, remove the apples & enjoy! Best eaten right after they come out, but still good if saved for later
What is your favorite Fall snack?