These days low carb & keto products are in abundance which is great news for those of us THMers because we have plenty of options for S meals! Some of my favorite S meals include pasta but Dreamfields pasta isn’t always the best to use. I do have it when I’m really wanting real pasta but I like to find healthier alternatives. I love zucchini noodles & spaghetti squash so I thought I’d try the Palmini heart of palm noodles. I wanted to make one of my favorite pasta dishes using it so I created Garlic Butter Hearts of Palm Pasta. When you cook the pasta in the butter, parm & garlic long enough then it gets a really yummy crust to it. Trust me, you’ll love it! And it’s even a Deep S 🙂 I ate this during my fuel cycle this week & was in heaven!!
Garlic Butter Hearts of Palm Pasta
- 1 can hearts of palm pasta drained & rinsed
- 1 T. salted butter
- 1 T. parmesan cheese * from the green can
- 1 clove garlic
- salt & pepper to taste
- dried basil or parsley to taste
- 1/2 c. diced chicken
- Drain & rinse the pasta & set aside
- In a medium saucepan, cook the garlic and butter until the butter starts to brown a bit
- Add in the parmesan cheese
- Add in the pasta & cook until the pasta starts getting a yummy brown cheesy crust (about 10 minutes, stirring occassionally )
- Add in some diced chicken & enjoy!