One of my most favorite foods in the whole world is cheese! Growing up, my mom always knew I was actually sick when I refused to eat cheese. I’m pretty sure I’m not alone here. In my unhealthier days, I loved to eat nachos with the store-bought cheese sauce. Now that I’m a THMer, I love to find healthy versions of my favorite junk foods. This cheese sauce definitely does the trick. It’s quick & easy & sure to be a crowd-pleaser, whether you’re hosting a super bowl party or if you’re just in the mood for nachos. My favorite way to eat it is with mini bell peppers, but you can also use pork rinds and keep it an S or baked Tostitos & enjoy a XO.
Healthy Nacho Cheese Sauce (THM S, keto, low-carb)
- 2 c. shredded mexican cheese
- 1/2 c. greek yogurt or cottage cheese either version is yummy!
- 1 c. fresh salsa my favorite is Jack's salsa
- 2 ounces reduced fat cream cheese * optional, but it makes it more creamy 🙂
- Put all ingredients in a medium saucepan on medium-high heat & stir until well combined & warm, about 5 minutes
- Dip mini peppers (my personal fave), pork rinds, or baked tostitos (turns it into a XO) & enjoy!
What is your favorite way to enjoy nachos in a healthy way?