It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year! Which means Peppermint everything!! Peppermint is a natural remedy for soothing upset stomachs, but I love as many peppermint desserts as I can get 🙂 Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts, so I just had to create a no bake peppermint cheesecake. This is a breeze to whip up and fancy enough to take to any holiday gathering or serve it at your holiday meal.
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake (THM S)
- 1 c. almond flour
- 2 T. melted butter
- 3 T. gentle sweet
- 1 t. cocoa
- 8 oz. 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c. cottage cheese or greek yogurt
- 2/3 c. gentle sweet
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1-2 t. peppermint extract
- depending on how pepperminty you want it
- 1 T. gelatin
- 1 c. water
- 1/4 c. each white chocolate dark chocolate, and milk chocolate Bake Believe Chocolate Chips or any chocolate chips of your choice
- 1-3 t. coconut or avocado oil
- Sugar Free Peppermints optional, but really good!
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Use the base of your springform pan to cut a circle out of parchment paper
- Place the parchment paper in the bottom of the springform pan & spray with olive oil or coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine the almond flour, butter, gentle sweet, and cocoa with a fork
- Put the crust in the preheated oven for 7 minutes (after it comes out, put the baked crust still inside the springform pan on a plate and let it cool down in the fridge or freezer
- Boil the cup of water (you can do this on the stove or simply microwave for 5 minutes)- the water will boil down to about ¾ c.
- Meanwhile, combine all of the filling ingredients (except the water and gelatin) in a blender (I love my ninja!) and blend well, using a spatula to scrape the sides. Set aside.Once the water is boiled, little by little sprinkle to gelatin into the boiling water constantly whisking it in to avoid any clumps
- Pour the gelatin mixture into the rest of the filling mixture and blend well (you can wait until the gelatin mixture cools a bit if you want, but don't wait too long)
- Pour the filling into a cooled down crust
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours
- Make the chocolate drizzle by adding 1 tsp of oil to each type of chocolate, microwaving the chocolate at 50% for 1 minute at a time and stirring the chocolate in between until nice and smooth.
- Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate on top
- Crush peppermints and sprinkle on top
- Using a butter knife or small knife, separate the pie from the springform pan by cutting along the edges of the pie before releasing the springform pan
- Serve with whipped cream
It's even better the next day!