Christmas is in the air! It’s definitely my favorite time of year!! I love doing our daily activity advent with my kiddos, singing Christmas carols, retelling the story of Jesus’ birth, spending time with family & friends, & making yummy holiday treats 🙂 Peppermint bark is one of my favorite holiday treats, so I thought I’d whip up a THM version of it. It’s super easy & so yummy!! I wanted to create a peppermint bark with a crunch so it had more substance. I created the crunch with Wasa crackers & this peppermint bark crunch recipe definitely did the trick. You can leave out the Wasas to make this recipe even easier, it’s still really good! My kiddos who love sugar also love it! For the most part, I don’t let them have my sugar -free treats unless they haven’t had sugar for the day. This dessert is definitely something they’re willing to skip sugar for, so that’s a win in my book! Not only is it tasty, but it’s also super easy to make so if you’re short on time (which most of are during the holidays) you’ll love the simplicity of this treat.
Peppermint Bark Crunch (THM S, low carb, keto)
- 6 light rye wasa crackers
- 8 ounces Lily's chocolate chips (I prefer semi- sweet for this)
- 7 ounces Lily's peppermint white chocolate chips you can also use sugar free white chocolat chips & add 1/4 tsp. peppermint extract
- 4 t. avocado oil you can also use coconut oil but I like the mild taste of the avocado oil
- 8 sugar free peppermints *optional
- Melt the chocolate chips & 2 tsp avocado oil in a microwavable safe bowl for 3 minutes, 1 minute at a time at 50 % power or until chocolate is smooth. Make sure to stir in between each minute.
- Crush light rye wasa crackers & mix into the melted chocolate *
- Spray an 8 x 8 pan or line with parchment paper.
- Using a spatula, spread the wasa crackers and chocolate layer until spread evenly on the bottom of the pan. Put the pan in the freezer.
- Melt the white chocolate chips & remaining 2 tsp. avocado oil for 2 minutes at 50 % power 1 minute at a time stirring after each minute. You may need an additional 30 seconds depending on your microwave.
- Gently spread the white chocolate over the chocolate layer.
- Crush the sugar free peppermints if desired and sprinkle on top.
- Freeze the peppermint bark for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Cut with a sharp knife & enjoy! or simply break off into pieces 😉
Have you tried THM peppermint bark yet? What are your favorite THM holiday treats?