One of our favorite Christmas traditions is making homemade goodies for our neighbors. Some years we go all out and make several different kinds of Christmas cookies and treats. Other years we make it a little more simple and give out festive muddy buddies. It’s on of our favorite treats, so I just had to THMify it! If you’re looking for something quick and easy to take to a party or simply to have on hand at home, this recipe is as easy as you can get!
Peppermint Muddy Buddies (THM S)
Replace your traditional muddy buddies with these THM version. It's quick and easy and great for any holiday party or gathering 🙂
- 9 light wasa crackers
- 1 c. bake believe semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. bake believe white chocolate chips
- 2 c. of any nut mixed nuts are my fave
- 2 tsp. avocado oil
- 1/3 c. gentle sweet
- 12 crushed sugar free peppermints you can omit these if you want, but they're fun for the holidays!
- Break the wasa crackers into small pieces
- Arrange the nuts and wasa crackers on a sheet pan
- Crush the peppermints into small pieces
- Melt the chocolate chips &1 tsp of oil by microwaving them for 1 minute at a time at 50% power & stirring in between each minute or by using a double boiler ( 2 1/2 minutes was perfect or my chips, so I microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for 1 minute, stir, microwave for 30 sec and stir)
- Repeat this process with the white chocolate chips (if you don't have white you can use dark or milk chocolate chips or whatever you have on hand)
- Use a spatula and spread the chocolate and white chocolate over the wasa and nuts, folding them into the chocolate so each piece is coated by gently flipping the back over repeatedly
- Put the chocolate covered nuts and wasas into a gallon ziplock bag with the gentle sweet and evenly coat them with the gentle sweet
- Add in peppermint
- Serve immediately in a bowl or keep in a tupperware in the freezer
It should work to put in peanut butter powder in & skip the candy canes?
Yes, you definitely can do that 🙂 You could also play with 1/2 peanut flour & some Peanut Butter.