Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting (THM S, low-carb)
A healthy version of a fall favorite. Pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting are sure to hit the spot at any fall gathering or to just enjoy at home without the guilt 🙂
- 1/2 c. salted butter softened
- 1/2 c. gentle sweet * or sweetener equivalent
- 1 t. molasses *the molasses helps give the sweetener a brown sugar taste, but you can use 1/2 c. of sukrin or a brown sugar substitute
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. baking powder aluminum free
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. almond flour
- 3/4 c. baking blend
- 1/4 c. oat fiber * *this is optional and you can just use 1 c. of baking blend instead, but I like the texture it gives the cookie
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans optional but tasty
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c. gentle sweet or sweetener equivalent (must be powdered)
- 1 t. vanilla or 1/2 t. THM pecan extract
- Mix butter & sweetener
- Add pumpkin & eggs
- Combine baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie seasoning, almond flour, baking blend , & oat fiber
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
- Use a small cookie scoop (1 T) to scoop cookie batter onto a greased pan. Flatten with palm
- Bake for 6 minutes and then rotate pan and bake for another 6 minutes or until the cookies are firm to the touch
- While the cookies are baking, make the frosting by using a beater to mix the frosting ingredients
- Frost the cookies after they are cooled
Could you substitute oatmeal flour for almond flour?
What temp do we bake at?
It doesn’t say what temp the oven should be, 350?
These are delicious! I wasn’t sure the temp to bake them so I did it o 350 did have to bake a little longer. But they are so good!
What temperature do you bake these? I don’t see that on the recipe, but maybe I missed it
Am I missing the oven temp? I don’t see it… 350?
What temp? The recipe doesn’t say. Can you add it please?
This recipe looks fabulous. In fact, I’m about to make them this very minute, except that as I read through the directions I realized you left out some very vital information – the temperature to bake the cookies at. Please add that to the directions. 🙂
Oven temperature? I assumed 350 but they were in the oven 18-20 min (I’m in the south)
What temp do we bake these cookies at?
Great recipe! No oven temp is listed, fyi. ? Love THM.
Am I missing how hot the oven should be set?/. I can’t see it here.
Bake at what temperature?
These are perfect!!! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe!
Making these now, but am I missing oven temp?
What temp did you bake at?
Where do you get almond flour and oat fiber? How do you know you are getting the good stuff. Just like I was looking to make Jessica Myers muffins but I can’t find whole grain wheat flour. I find whole wheat but not sure it’s the same. You say use equivalent sweetener how do you know what is equivalent to THM ? There is so much to learn. This is why I don’t bake because I don’t know what to buy. I tried the Trimfastic something like that cake and it was not good the baking blend gave it like a cornbread texture we threw it away. It was to expensive to make and throw away.
What is the oven temperature supposed to be?
I’m assuming the oven temperature is 350 degrees? It’s not listed.
My son is allergic to nuts.. do you have any suggestions for a sub? I do use Brianas nut free blend instead of the baking blend but wasnt sure what to do for the 1 cup of almond flour, just more of Brianas? use coconut flour? I am not very good at baking with alternate flours lol
What temperature do you bake these at? There isn’t one listed.
They are tasty, but I had to guess at the oven temperature. I baked for 12 minutes at 350 degrees, but they did not brown much and are pretty fragile. Should the temperature have been higher?
What temp do you cookie these for?