Summer is just around the corner and do you know what I always think of when I think of summer?….ICE CREAM! I could probably eat ice cream every single day in the summer but sometimes I’m in the mood for something lighter and tangier. So during our weekly family movie night/ pizza night/ ice cream night, I came up with this sorbet recipe that really fits the bill. My whole family loves it! You can enjoy it after any meal, it’s light and refreshing, and it’s a perfect way to end your day!
Sugar Free Strawberry Sorbet (FP)
I LOVE ice cream but sometimes I am in the mood for something lighter and tangier. This sorbet is a perfect complimentary dessert to any dinner. It is an FP so it's light and refreshing and perfect way to end your day!
- 5 c. frozen strawberries
- 3 c. almond milk
- 1 T cream
- 1 t strawberry extract
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 T food grade vegetable glycerin this is to keep the sorbet scoopable out of the freezer!
- 1/2-2/3 c gentle sweet depending on how sweet you like it
- 2 t. gluccie
- Optional: Whipped cream and Lily’s chocolate chips *
- *The whipped cream and Lily's will turn this recipe into a light S
- Blend together and enjoy!
- You need a good blender for this. I have a Ninja and it works great 🙂 You do not need an ice cream maker but if you want it thicker you can definitely use one.
- Makes 5-6 small servings