Lemon is one of my favorite flavors! It reminds me of Easter and Spring and all things warm!! With it being February in Utah right now, that sounds pretty amazing!! My mom loves lemon & especially lemon desserts so that’s likely where I get it from. Our local Walmart has Smart Cakes in their healthy freezer section. My favorite flavor is Lemon & for us THMers, they are an FP which is fantastic because they are a light dessert! Win/win! The only downside is they are pricey, so I thought I would try my hand at making my own. The frosting on these FP Lemon Cupcakes is amazing & really makes the whole cupcake, so they are a must!!
FP Lemon Cupcakes (keto, low carb)
- 2 c. THM baking blend
- 1/4 c. gentle sweet or sweetener alternative
- 1/2 c. applesauce yes it's an E food, but spread out among 18 cupcakes it's fine to use in an FP cupcake
- 1 egg
- 6 T. egg whites
- 1/2 c. greek yogurt
- 1/3 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. vanilla
- 3 T. lemon juice
- 2 T. lemon zest optional but so yummy!
- 1/2 t. lemon extract you can omit the lemon juice and just use 1 t. lemon extract in total, but the flavor with the juice is better! However, you will need to add some more almond milk (2 1/2 T)so the batter is the right consistency.
- 8 light laughing cow cheese wedges
- 1/2 c. greek yogurt
- 1/4 c. gentle sweet
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1/4 t. lemon extract
- lemon zest optional
- Preheat oven to 350
- Set 18 cupcake liners in a cupcake pan & spray with non-stick olive oil or coconut oil spray. Set aside. Fill the empty cupcake holes with no batter with water to even out the baking.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixer, then add the wet. Mix well
- Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners & bake for 20-25 minutes
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the frosting
- Mix laughing cow cheese wedges & greek yogurt together with a hand mixer until well combined
- Add the sweetener, lemon juice, & extract until well combined
- Spread the icing or pipe the icing on the cupcakes once they are cooled
- Zest lemon zest on top to make them look appealing & for more of a lemon flavor!
I love the flavor of these FP cupcakes. All of my kids thought the frosting was cream cheese, they were shocked when they found out I used Laughing Cow Cheese 🙂 What are your favorite FP desserts? One of my favorites & my kids would agree, is my strawberry sorbet. You don’t even need an ice cream maker for this! FP Strawberry Sorbet
this was a big fail using a FP baking blend other than THM which is not available in Australia.next time I will use only 1 1/2 cups but the frosting is yummy..
I’m sorry to hear that. Was it just too dry? Did you use the lemon juice or extra almond milk? What baking blend recipe did you use?
I didn’t have THM blend either so I used Sheri’s Baking Blend and they worked well for me–but I live at about 5,000 feet elevation.https://sherigraham.com/sheris-gluten-free-baking-mix/
These are so yummy, Molly!! It’s hard to believe they are a Fuel Pull. I’m just about to make another batch