Pizza is one of my families’ favorite meals! Our tradition is a pizza & movie night every Friday 🙂 Whoever chooses the movie, gets to also choose the ice cream flavor. I always make homemade THM friendly ice cream too 😉 My family loves this tradition! Sometimes I make a cauliflower crust or the perfect pizza crust from the Trim Healthy Cookbook, but if I want quick & easy, I simply make a pizza out of a Joseph’s Lavash. I can find Lavash at my local Walmart, but I know not all Walmarts carry them. You can ask your manager if they’d be willing to get them in- you’d be surprised, a lot of them are willing to work with you or you can use a low carb tortilla.
You can make this pizza your own by adding your favorite toppings. If you add pineapple, however, it will make this pizza crossover unless you go very light on the cheese. You can also make this an FP (low carb/low fat) but using lean deli meat or light turkey bacon, laughing cow cheese, and a shredded light string cheese for the topping.
Healthy Pizza in under 20 minutes (THM S, FP; low carb, keto)
- 1 Josephs' Lavash or a low carb tortilla
- 1/4 c. Great Value Pizza Sauce or any sauce under 2 sugars/serving
- 1/4 c. onion & peppers seasonings blend or make your own
- 1/2 c. mozarella
- 1 nitrate-free italian sausage
- handful of spinach
- fresh basil to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Sautee seasonings blend or diced onions & peppers
- Dice up sausage & sautee with onions & peppers
- Add sauce on top of Lavash
- Sprinkle on cheese
- Add the rest of the ingredients, topping with the fresh basil at the end
- Bake pizza for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and crispy, do not over cook!
- Let the pizza rest on the pan for about 5 minutes before serving
- Slice with a pizza cutter & enjoy!
What are your favorite pizza toppings?