It’s pumpkin time and I’ve been really wanting a pumpkin ice cream that resembles the flavor of my mom’s pumpkin chip cookies. Since I’ve been making THM ice cream for years, I thought I’d have my go at making pumpkin chip ice cream. I simply started with my vanilla base and added all of the yummy pumpkin flavors to make it taste like the pumpkin shakes you can get at fast food joints this time of year without all of the nasty ingredients and sugar. Adding chocolate chips takes it to another level! I use plenty of pumpkin pie spice because I love that flavor, but if you prefer you can always use less. My family absolutely loved it, even my picky 7 yr old who DOES NOT like pumpkin so I think it’s a keeper!
Pumpkin Ice Cream (THM S)
- 1 c. cream
- 2 c. almond milk
- 1 t. caramel extract THM brand is my fave
- 1/2 c. sweetener
- 1 c. pumpkin
- 1 T. pumpkin pie spice you can use less if you prefer
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 c. of sugar free chocolate chips Lily's baking chips are my fave
- **1 T. vegetable glycerin if you're wanting to save some for later
- Blend all ingredients together in a good blender like a ninja
- Start your ice cream maker and pour the liquid into the already churning ice cream maker or simply follow the directions on your individual ice cream maker (mine is a cuisenart brand and I've had it for over 4 years)
- Set the timer for 20 minutes and watch the magic happen!
- Five minutes before the timer is up add the chocolate chips
- Enjoy with some whipped cream on top